After creating my own Crystal Mala recently, I am making the most of it and using it as intended – as a spiritual tool. It fits nicely into the daily dog walking routine alongside the dog whistle around my neck and as soon as we’re out on the land I decide on a mantra and begin the process of counting 108 beads on the move. For me, this is better than sitting transfixed in a lotus position repeating foreign words… I prefer to work with my own. There’s no better magical practice than using your own original thoughts and words to affect the subtle levels of your own mind and body. Personal power imbued into and through any object is all the greater because it comes from YOU. Nobody else made it up. You did.
Claim it and work your magic.
- If you get the chance to create your own mala, do it.
I made mine under the beady and well trained eye of experienced pearl stringer and healer, Diana Jones. She holds crystal mala workshops from her farm in Battlesbridge, Essex. She has all the hallmarks of a wonderful teacher, the patience of a saint and the knowledge and experience of one who KNOWS. Plus she does a luscious lunch and spoils everyone rotten.
For a truly holistic experience, you’ll not do better.
- Decide on your mantra ~ a few positive words in the present tense to affirm what you need or want.
- One of my favourites: I am happy, healthy, wise and wealthy…
- Think, say or sing your mantra repeatedly while passing over one bead at a time starting from the guru bead and finishing there.
- For an extra boost of power try turbo-charging your mala by placing it onto a clear quartz terminator on a magnet with your mantra behind it…and candles, for laser focusing intention.
Practice this and you will find that walking while you work with your mantra and mala in itself becomes a moving meditation and a powerful tool which will influence your actions in every way positive.
Nothing could be easier or more enjoyable – out in the fresh air and in nature – and totally in the moment. This is not sitting on some fluffy cloud or floating around in the ether. This is grounding and integrating your higher self into the every day, where it needs to be.
This is down to earth living.